The Shire of Cocos (Keeling) Islands is the local agent for the Department of Regional Australia, Regional Services and Local Government.
The Shire can assist with the following licensing matters:
- Vehicle Registration, renewals and transfers
- Change of vehicle plates
- Personalised vehicle plates
- Motor driver’s license renewals, including photographs
- Learner’s permits
- Boat and trailer renewals
- Change of address and other details
Registrations and Licenses can be paid by cash, cheque or direct deposit. For direct deposit please contact the Shire to get correct bank details.
The Motor Vehicle Registry is open during the following hours:
|Home Island||Tues - Thurs||7.00am – 3.00pm|
11.30am – 3.30pm
11.30am - 3.30pm