Ordinary Meetings of Council are held on the last Wednesday of each month in either the Council Chambers, Home Island Shire Office, or in the Conference Room at the Community Resource Centre on West Island.
Ratepayers and residents are welcome to attend these meetings and Public Question time is held at the commencement of each Ordinary Meeting, where members of the public can use the opportunity to ask a question. Questions should preferably be submitted to the CEO in writing, in order for sufficient time to research where necessary.
The Shire President presides at Council Meetings in accordance with the Local Government Act 1995, the Local Government (Administration) Regulations 1996 and the Shire of Cocos (Keeling) Islands Standing Orders.
Copies of the agenda for Council Meetings are available at the Shire offices and Community Libraries two days prior to the meetings.
2018 Scheduled Meeting Dates
|17 Jan 2018||4.00pm||Council Chambers Home Island|
|21 Feb 2018||4.00pm||CRC Meeting Room West Island|
|21 Mar 2018||4.00pm||Council Chambers Home Island|
|18 April 2018||4.00pm||Council Chambers Home Island|
|23 May 2018||1.00pm||Council Chambers Home Island|
|27 Jun 2018||4.00pm||CRC Meeting Room West Island|
|25 Jul 2018||4.00pm||Council Chambers Home Island|
|29 Aug 2018||4.00pm||Council Chambers Home Island|
|26 Sept 2018||4.00pm||Council Chambers Home Island|
|07 Nov 2018||4.00pm||CRC Meeting Room West Island|
|06 Dec 2018||1.00pm||Council Chambers Home Island|
- Minutes 25 January 2017.pdf
- Minutes 22 February 2017.pdf
- Minutes 29 March 2017.pdf
- Minutes 26 April 2017.pdf
- Minutes 31 May 2017.pdf
- Minutes 27 June 2017.pdf
- Minutes 26 July 2017.pdf
- Minutes 30 August 2017.pdf
- Minutes 27 September 2017.pdf
- Minutes Special Meeting 25 October 2017.pdf
- Minutes 8 November 2017.pdf
- Minutes Special Meeting 18 November 2017.pdf
- Minutes Special Meeting 21 November 2017.pdf
- Minutes Special Meeting 29 November 2017.pdf
- Minutes Audit Commiittee Meeting 6 December 2017.pdf